Key Takeaways from NIC MAP’s Third-Quarter Seniors Housing Data Release
November 22, 2017 | Beth Burnham Mace | National Real Estate Investor
Key takeaways from the NIC MAP third quarter 2017 seniors housing data release include the following:
- Seniors housing occupancy remained unchanged at 88.8 percent
- Annual growth rates for both assisted living inventory and absorption reached record highs in the third quarter.
- Eleven markets saw gains in inventory of more than 10 percent.
- Same-store rent growth decelerated.
- Closed transaction volume accelerated in the third quarter.
Let’s take a closer look at some of these trends.
I have been using Blue Vault Partners for the past five years. I have found them to be a valuable, unbiased resource when it comes to evaluating and comparing non-traded REITs. The reports help me analyze which sponsors are doing a responsible job of managing their offerings. This allows me to limit my REIT recommendations to only the most competitive products, and then track those REITs throughout their life cycle.