Summary of Topics
- Macro View: What macroeconomic trends occurred in 2015, and how might that affect real estate investments and nontraded REITs?
- Capital Markets Recap: Which sponsors raised the most capital in 2015 and what are the trends in new offerings entering the market?
- Full Cycle Events: What were the key drivers behind the eight full-cycle events during 2015 and will this trend continue into 2016?
- New Offering Structures: How is the industry adapting to regulatory changes in new product structures and lower fees?
- Changes in Distributions: How many REITs experienced changes in their distribution rates over the past seven years and what were the key drivers behind those increases or decreases?
- Status of the Industry: Overall, is the industry experiencing a period of growth and innovation or going through a period of consolidation as it relates to new product introductions, new nontraded REIT sponsors, and new product innovation?
- New FINRA Rulings and Impact: How will the new reporting standards approved by the SEC in October, 2015 and released by FINRA in January, 2015 impact the customer account statements and nontraded REIT reporting in the future?
The 2015 NTR Brief is now available to all Blue Vault Subscribers. Log in to BlueVaultPartners.com and click on “Subscriber-Only Research” in the top menu and choose “Briefs – Years In Review” from the drop-down list.
I have been using Blue Vault Partners for the past five years. I have found them to be a valuable, unbiased resource when it comes to evaluating and comparing non-traded REITs. The reports help me analyze which sponsors are doing a responsible job of managing their offerings. This allows me to limit my REIT recommendations to only the most competitive products, and then track those REITs throughout their life cycle.