2015 Annual Brief Nontraded REIT Year in Review
Coming after a record year for fundraising in the nontraded BDC industry, 2015 was not expected to match the over $6 billion in new equity sales that 2014 held. Our original expectation was for the industry to raise at least $5 billion in 2015. Due to a slowdown in sales overall and one of the largest capital raising sponsors, AR Capital, leaving the industry, the capital raise for BDCs saw a more than 30% decline in sales.
- The industry raised an estimated $4.3 billion.
- There were five new offerings which equaled the most since 2012.
This report will summarize and illustrate the most important trends in the nontraded BDC industry observed in 2015.
- Capital Raise: Total Industry and By Sponsor
- Sponsor Trends and New Fund Offerings
- Total Returns of Nontraded BDCs
- Distribution Yields and Trends
- Innovations in Fund Structures and Fees
The 2015 BDC Brief is now available to all Blue Vault Subscribers. Log in to BlueVaultPartners.com and click on “Subscriber-Only Research” in the top menu and choose “Briefs – Years In Review” from the drop-down list.
Not currently a Blue Vault subscriber?
Call Dawn McDaniel at 877-256-2304, option 2, to find out how become one today!
I subscribe to Blue Vault to keep up with the sponsors and their wholesalers! The analysis keeps me up to date with the various portfolios and the way they are managed, including the differences between them.